Cats (猫 neko) are animals found in Tenchu. They are harmless, but can alert the enemy of the player's presence if they are disturbed. They can not be defeated with any weapons in any game appearances.
Background Information and Notes Edit
- In Tenchu: Stealth Assassins the cats can be found in various town-like levels such as Punish the Evil Merchant the felines debut appearance. They are always the calico breed, they just run around aimlessly but they usually don't attract guards.
- In Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins the cats behave the same way as in Stealth Assassins.
- In Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven the cat is first seen it is asleep. If the player wakes it up it will meow loudly and the ki meter will instantly show '!?' alerting all the guards in the nearby area. These cats can be avoided by crouching and sneaking by carefully. The breeds in this game are calico, and silver tabby.
- In Tenchu Z , cats are totally harmless, and they are quite useful too. In a "reach the checkpoint" or "find something" type of mission, they stand where a possible point of entry is, meaning that they are your marker for the completion of the level.
- In Tenchu: Shadow Assassins while playing as Ayame she can direct the cats to go into small areas she cannot fit into and crab useful items such as keys. Guards do not attack the cat because it isn't a threat to them.